Courtney is a health care attorney whose practice focuses on regulatory, operational, corporate, and transactional matters. She provides practical and effective guidance to clients ranging from individual health care providers to large health systems, and she works closely with clients to understand their operations, find solutions to their problems, and achieve their goals.
She appreciates the complex nature of health care law and routinely advises clients on regulatory matters involving the Stark Law, Anti-Kickback Statute, and HIPAA. She is experienced in a wide range of corporate and contractual matters and has represented hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician group practices, long-term care facilities, and other health care providers in transactions and joint venture affiliations.
In addition to her regulatory and transactional experience, Courtney has experience forming medical practices, reviewing and preparing employment agreements of health care professionals, assisting provider entities with the implementation of compliance programs, advising on scope of practice matters, and structuring telemedicine arrangements. She also counsels clients in the medical marijuana industry, where she leverages her regulatory and corporate knowledge to guide applicants and license holders navigating the complex regulatory framework surrounding cannabis.
Aside from her legal practice, Courtney volunteers as a Special Olympics track & field and swimming coach.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- CALI Award for Excellence: Legal Analysis and Writing II, Justice for Children Clinic
- Ohio State Law Journal, managing editor
- Ernest Karam Book Award for academic achievement in Legal Analysis and Writing
- Public Service Fellow with Dean’s Special Recognition
- Liberty University (B.S., summa cum laude, 2012)