Businesses of all sizes depend on Crystal’s labor and employment guidance. She advises small and mid-size businesses as well as Fortune 500 companies on issues including employment benefits, hiring and firing, compliance, discrimination, harassment, workplace conditions, policies and handbooks, and investigations. She also speaks with and trains personnel on dealing with time-sensitive issues such as harassment; drug testing; the Americans with Disabilities Act; Title VII; retaliation; Fair Labor Standards Act; Family Medical Leave Act; Families First Coronavirus Relief Act; Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act; American Rescue Plan; Occupational Safety Health Administration; workplace violence, background screenings, employment agreements, severance packages, and investigations.
Crystal is also experienced defending clients through all stages of litigation, from pre-trial negotiations through trial itself. She has defended employers in state and federal courts in Indiana, Illinois, and Kentucky, as well as these states’ administrative agencies and civil rights commissions. She has served as lead counsel defending cases of retaliation, civil rights, non-competition agreements, non-solicitation agreements, wage and hour violations, class and collective actions, sexual harassment, and discrimination. She also frequently negotiates and argues issues relating to electronic discovery in large, complex cases with voluminous discovery. Crystal is also certified as a registered mediator, and is able to assist parties interested in avoiding litigation and achieving out-of-court settlements.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D.)
- Indiana University
- B.S. & B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Evansville Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Youth First, Inc., former Board member (2008 - 2020), Advisory Council member (2019-present)
- Rotary Club of Evansville, member (2015-present), Board of Directors (2019-present)
- Indiana Rising Star® (2012 - 2021)
- Outstanding Young Lawyer, DTCI (2013)
- Up and Coming Lawyer, Leadership in the Law (2014)