Cindy focuses her practice on patent preparation and prosecution. Her knowledge spans from mechanical devices and software to complex chemical processes and pharmaceutical formulations. She also counsels a broad range of clients, from individual inventors and startups to Fortune 500 companies, on intellectual property matters, including reviewing disclosures, offering clearance and validity opinions, handling prior art searches, rendering infringement opinions and managing portfolios.
In addition to her work as a patent attorney, Cindy assists clients with navigating through the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and other regulations related to the possession, trade, and export of U.S. controlled assets. In particular, she works with her clients to analyze company product, service, and technology portfolios to identify and classify assets subject to export controls, register under the ITAR or EAR, and develop, implement, and improve export control compliance programs.
Currently, Cindy is serving her second term as chair of the Board of Directors of Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank, a local non-profit committed to eliminating the existence of diaper need in the Greater Cincinnati area so all babies have a chance to be healthy, happy and safe. She also has served as the vice-president, secretary. and CIO of CincyIP and is a member of the Intellectual Property Owners Association.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 2009)
- Miami University (B.S., 2005)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- CIO (2015)
- Vice president (2013 - 2015)
- Secretary (2009 - 2012)
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- United Way Emerging Leader and WINGs member
- Sweet Cheeks Diaper Bank, Board of Directors, chair (2016 - present)