A natural-born problem solver, David focuses his practice on government and internal investigations and complex federal litigation, with an emphasis on intellectual property and the False Claims Act (FCA). He applies his skills as a certified Project Management Professional and experienced manager to drive favorable resolutions and cost-effective litigation. David’s approach enables him to communicate complicated issues in a clear and concise manner.
In addition to his work defending FCA litigation and handling investigations touching on numerous industries and agencies, he has experience with cases involving trade secrets, patents, and trademark infringement claims at the district and appellate levels. David is a trusted team member who takes pride in his ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize complex and often sensitive information.
At Dinsmore, he is a founding member of the LGBTQ Affinity Group, which focuses on providing opportunities for attorneys to collaborate on efforts to support LGBTQ equality in the firm. He extends his commitment to the LGBTQ community through his work in local organizations, including providing regular support to the transgender community by volunteering with the Equitas Health Name and Gender Change Clinics throughout Ohio.
David is a member of the United States Army Reserves, where he currently serves as a company first sergeant, advising on all enlisted matters. His service in the military has included positions as an equal opportunity representative, sexual harassment and assault victims advocate, senior instructor/writer, and battle staff non-commissioned officer. David applies the discipline, lessons, and experience he gained from these positions to his legal practice to manage legal teams.
He is a member of the Cincinnati Bar Association, where he serves on the Young Lawyers Section Executive Committee as secretary and as a Cincinnati Bar Foundation trustee. Additionally, David is the programs chair of the LGBT Law Section of the Federal Bar Association.
In addition to his legal practice, he is an avid supporter of the arts through many of the local arts organizations.
- Northwestern University School of Law (J.D., 2016)
- Northwestern Journal of Technology and Intellectual Property, production editor
- Ohio University (B.A., 2007)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Army Reserve, First Sergeant
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section (YLS), secretary
- YLS Mock Trial Committee, past chair
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation, trustee
- Federal Bar Association
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky Chapter, board member
- Qui Tam Section, member
- LGBT Law Section, secretary
- Diversity and Inclusion Task Force, member
- National LGBT Bar Association
- Equitas Health Name and Gender Change Clinics, volunteer
- Certified Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute