David has broad experience, from litigation and appellate work to advising clients on contractual matters and employment policies. He has handled matters in state and federal courts, for clients ranging from small businesses, to Fortune 500 companies, to state and local government entities.
In the employment realm, David has experience litigating harassment and discrimination cases, breach of contract disputes, ERISA claims, deliberate intent claims, and defamation claims, among others. He has also drafted employee handbooks for small and large companies and advised clients regarding employment policies.
Outside of the employment law context, David has litigated claims of attorney malpractice, claims under the Freedom of Information Act, and defended companies in tort and contract litigation ranging from personal injury claims to construction litigation and negligence claims. David has also successfully aided clients in collecting debts and litigating contract disputes.
David understands that each client’s needs are different. He works to understand each client’s business and evaluate the risks of the case, or craft policies that meet his clients’ unique demands.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 2015)
- West Virginia University (M.S., 2005)
- Sports Management
- American University (B.S., 2004)
- Business Administration
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Best Lawyers®
- "Ones to Watch" in Morgantown for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law (2021-2024)