Dillon’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, representing clients in a variety of industries before state and federal judges. She works closely with general counsel through each stage of litigation to develop and implement defense strategies which achieve clients’ objectives. Her experience includes acting as counsel for automobile, motorcycle, and product manufacturing clients, and successfully defending clients in product liability, warranty, contract, and consumer finance matters.
She has experience in all aspects of litigation, including initial case assessment and investigation, pre-suit negotiations, drafting and responding to detailed discovery requests, taking and defending fact and expert depositions, mediating and settling claims, and successfully defending appeals. She has drafted and argued successful dispositive motions on behalf of her clients in both state and federal courts.
Dillon received her J.D. from the University of San Diego. While in law school, she externed for Judges Thomas J. Whelan and Janis L. Sammartino for the United States District Court for the Southern District of California, and worked at the California Attorney General’s Office in the Employment and Administrative Mandate and Appeals, Writs, and Trials Divisions.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Appellate Moot Court Board, National Team Competition member
- CALI Excellence for the Future Awards for Legal Research and Writing and Judicial Lawmaking
- San Diego State University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2013)
- Political Science
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Defense Lawyers
- Lawyers Club of San Diego