Dion focuses his practice on labor and employment law. He has a background in human resources, which includes more than 10 years of experience as an HR business partner and director. He assists clients of all sizes in a variety of industries with navigating needs and issues connected with their workforce through counseling and performing workplace investigations. Additionally, he researches and advises clients on compliance with employment law. His experience also includes defending clients against discrimination claims under Title VII, ADEA, ADA, FMLA, EPA, FLSA, and other claims enforced by the EEOC and other government and state agencies. He is a strategic partner in litigation from inception through discovery and up to trial.
During law school, Dion served as a judicial extern for Judge. Ann Claire Williams (ret.) of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. In this position he assisted in drafting opinions on labor and employment cases.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Certificates in Labor and Employment Law and Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Moot Court Honor Society, Best Oral Advocate
- Chicago Kent Trial Team, Midwest Regional Champion, National Semifinalist, Best Oral Advocate
- DePaul University (M.S.H.R., with distinction, 2010)
- DePaul University (M.B.A., 2010)
- University of Michigan (M.S.W., 2006)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2005)
- District of Columbia
- National Employment Law Council, 2019 and 2020 NELC Academy fellow
- American Bar Association
- Washington Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management, SHRM-CP and PHR certification