Ed’s practice centers on patent preparation and prosecution, business torts, trade secrets, and unfair competition in a variety of areas. His experience extends to domestic and international applications in numerous technology areas. These include computing devices, computer and telecom systems, business methods, electro-mechanical, fluid systems, mechanical, optics, RFID-based data systems, and software. Ed also prepares and prosecutes utility patent applications on behalf of notable domestic and international clients.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Ed worked in several technical, business management, and legal positions across a myriad of organizations, with experience in business unit leadership, extensive project and program management, original engineering design and research, and patent application preparation and prosecution. Such positions have enabled him to counsel all sorts of clients, as he understands multiple perspectives at a visceral level.
- Cleveland State University College of Law (J.D.)
- Northern Illinois University (M.B.A.)
- Case Western Reserve University (B.S.)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Legal Innovators
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts