Ellen focuses her practice in areas of product liability, work place injuries, premises liability, transportation and commercial litigation. Ellen has represented manufacturers and suppliers of chemicals, pharmaceuticals and various other products in litigation, including claims relating to alleged defective equipment and to alleged chemical exposure. She has also represented railway companies in a variety of contexts, including claims for personal and repetitive injuries and property related claims. In addition, she represents employers against deliberate intent claims.
Her practice ensures she rarely has the same day twice, which is her preference. Ellen works quickly to understand how her clients’ businesses work so she can best meet her clients’ needs. She thrives on the newness that comes with learning about and working with new businesses, products and people. She is adept at every stage of litigation, has jury trial experience and has practiced in both state and federal courts, as well as before West Virginia’s state appellate court.
Ellen was recently appointed to serve on the Municipal Service Fee Appeals Board for the City of Huntington, West Virginia, and served on the board of the Junior League of Huntington as the community vice president.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Marshall University (M.A., 2012)
- Communication Studies
- Marshall University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2010)
- Public Relations
- West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Community Vice President Junior League of Huntington (2017 - 2019)
- West Virginia Rising Star® for product liability defense