Emily is a corporate attorney whose practice focuses on tax and equine law. Specializing in the taxation of privately-held businesses and tax-exempt organizations, Emily works with clients in every stage of corporate life to alleviate tax concerns while supporting their business objectives. She also assists charities, foundations, social welfare organizations, and business leagues to obtain federal tax-exemption status and to navigate the complex regulatory landscape pre and post formation. Emily’s experience includes designing estate plans for high net-worth clients that meet personal, charitable, and business goals while minimizing tax consequences.
Drawing on her personal experience in the horse industry, Emily prides herself on her ability to provide innovative solutions for clients across the sport horse and thoroughbred worlds. She often assists clients with matters related to horse acquisition, ownership, breeding, syndication, and the state and federal regulations which govern their industry. In connection with her equine work, Emily advises clients on state and national concerns involving Advanced-Deposit Wagering, pari-mutuel betting, and social and internet gaming.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 2021)
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2018)
- University of Kentucky College of Agriculture, Food & Environment (B.S., cum laude, 2015)
- Equine Science & Management
- Kentucky Bar Association (Tax Law Section)
- Louisville Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Metro Louisville
- Charitable Gift Planners of Kentuckiana – Marketing Committee
- YMCA Camp Piomingo - Board of Advisors
- YMCA of Greater Louisville - Board Representative
- LPGA Amateur Golf Association – Louisville Chapter Communications Committee