CANCELLED - Understanding & Managing Unconscious Bias with Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion
Dinsmore & Shohl LLP has been monitoring news related to the Coronavirus carefully and is following suggested guidance related to closures and cancellations.
After careful consideration, it is with regret that we have decided to cancel our March Cincinnati Breakfast Briefing event. The cancellation is being made out of an abundance of caution for the health, safety, and well-being of our clients, colleagues, and the staff of the Marriott.
We value our relationships with all of our clients and colleagues, and we appreciate your understanding with this cancellation.
Join Dinsmore attorney Tammy R. Bennett for the first Cincinnati Labor and Employment breakfast briefing of 2020.
The business case for diversity and inclusion has been well-publicized, and in an effort to maximize business outcomes, employers have adopted a myriad of programs and initiatives to attract and retain diverse talent and foster inclusive workplace cultures. In spite of their best efforts, unconscious biases that influence decision makers restrict many employers from fully realizing the benefits of diversity and inclusion.
In this session, Tammy will examine:
(1) Key definitions and concepts of diversity and inclusion;
(2) The business case for diversity and inclusion;
(3) Unconscious bias as a normal part of the human experience;
(4) How unconscious biases impact decision-makers' interpretation of information; and
(5) Ways to reduce the impact of biases, both individually and structurally.