Eric represents various entities involved in commercial construction projects, including developers, contractors, sureties, owners and subcontractors. He handles matters arising from the initial contracting and procurement through all phases of litigation. He has experience in contract litigation in federal, state and appellate courts, as well as alternative dispute resolution. In addition, his experience includes advising clients on the preparation and interpretation of construction documents.
He recognizes issues on construction projects are varied and complex, and he handles breach of contract claims; construction defect claims; payment/performance bond claims; mechanic’s liens; indemnity actions; payment disputes; prompt pay disputes; prevailing wage issues; design defects; differing site conditions; bid protests; delay and acceleration claims; and other construction related claims.
Eric’s experience also includes representing sureties in multi-project defaults, including the investigation and defense of performance and payment bond claims on private and public projects, negotiation of takeover, tender and completion agreements, and performance of completion work.
- The John Marshall Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2010)
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2004)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the District of Nebraska
- American Bar Association
- Forum on Construction Section
- Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section
- Columbus Bar Association, Construction Law Committee
- Builders Exchange of Central Ohio
- Associated Builders & Contractors of Central Ohio