Erin is an experienced transactional attorney and focuses on providing legal counsel to privately held businesses at all stages of the business life cycle. Her focused approach to growth and exit planning includes providing business owners with assistance to grow and protect their business while engineering an optimal exit. She is pleased to engage with her clients as both a lawyer and a trusted business adviser.
She also serves as outside general counsel to entrepreneurs, private businesses, and private equity-backed portfolio companies, and is committed to partnering with her clients through an integrated understanding of each client’s industry, business operations, and strategic goals. She assists clients in various industries, including manufacturing, distribution, health care, technology solutions and staffing, software development, professional services, emerging technologies, real estate development and retail, on matters spanning from corporate governance, to commercial contracts, growth initiatives, and business succession planning.
Her proactive approach to helping clients protect, grow and engineer an optimal exit includes strategizing and documenting business continuity plans for business owners. Erin’s vast experience in successfully completing a variety of transitional changes in ownership through mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, private equity, reorganizations, and generational transfers affords her the ability to best serve her clients. She is vice chair of the firm’s business, acquisitions and securities practice group, and sits on the opinion and audit letter review committee.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D.)
- Certificate of Advanced Study in International and Comparative Law
- Westminster College (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, fellow
- Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Young Professionals Board
- Board of Advisors
- American Cancer Society, fundraising
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG) Pittsburgh
- Board of Directors
- Past Chairwoman of the Future Corporate Leaders board
- Executive committee
- Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association
- Emerging Leadership board
- Executive committee
- Pennsylvania Rising Star®