From American footwear to pharmaceuticals, Esther has made contributions to a wide range of institutions across the globe. She focuses her practice on intellectual property as well as privacy and data protection. She understands the dynamic nature of business decision-making and the series of steps needed to determine the best course of action. She is also an experienced advisor to municipal, entrepreneurial, and academic leaders, executing quality, cross-cutting decisions in high stakes situations.
Esther has built a reputation as being proactive with meeting the complex needs of her clients. She is a trained designer and an artist at her core. This training allows her to take a human-centered approach to meeting clients’ complex legal needs. She works closely with her clients to find an innovative solutions for unique problems. She enjoys advising clients on technology and data privacy issues, including compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and emerging international regulations. Most importantly, she strives to help clients prepare for the ever-changing world of global data protection.
Prior to joining Dinsmore, Esther worked with a premier, international research society located in Freiburg, Germany. Her doctoral work compared intellectual property and criminal policy in Germany and the United States. This research led to numerous collaborations and a robust network of international professionals, entrepreneurs, scientists, lobbyists, and academics. Now, she leverages her knowledge of international law and business to assist clients with IP strategy in the U.S. market and foreign legal systems.
- University of Freiburg/Max Planck Institute for Foreign & International Criminal Law
- (Doctor iuris/doctorate expected 2022)
- University of North Carolina School of Law (J.D., 2014)
- Indiana University, Herron School of Art and Design (B.F.A., 2008)
- North Carolina
- Indiana German Heritage Society, Board of Directors
- International Center, Board of Directors
- Riverside Civic League, Officer
- Indianapolis Bar Association, IP Executive Committee
- Women & HiTech, Networking Committee