Breakfast Briefings: Defending Through Documentation
500 Rose Street
HR professionals are trained to document everything regarding employees — but documentation to support your employment decisions runs much deeper than disciplinary records. Thoughtful and diligent employment documents, from the initial application to objective performance reviews to termination/exit interviews are an effective way to defend your actions and policies.
At our next Breakfast Briefing, join us for "Defending Through Documentation," where you will learn how sound documenting is key to supporting hiring, promotion, and firing decisions and avoiding unnecessary litigation. Our attorneys will explore:
- How to prepare and maintain policies and procedures that serve your business objectives
- How to draft and update job descriptions that maintain at-will employment, cause for termination for falsifying the application, and add clarity to the position you are filling
- The importance of objective, meaningful performance reviews and how to train supervisors to effectively complete them
- How documentation aids in accommodation analysis when questions of disability arise
- How to draft and deliver effective disciplinary counseling
- Key concerns in pre-termination assessments and the risks associated with terminating an employee
Seating is limited
Register by Wednesday, May 28th to reserve your space.
Applications for SHRM, Kentucky CLE and Indiana CLE credit have been submitted.