The Evolution of Dodd-Frank: How did “it” happen?” How can "it” affect you?
Hardly a day goes by without reading about, hearing about or debating “Dodd-Frank” in the context of economic and political discourse. “The Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act” is easily the most sweeping act of regulatory reform of the financial sector since the Great Depression and “its” provisions of the Act impact financial and public companies in myriad ways.
Dinsmore attorney Christian Gonzalez presented a 60-minute crash course on a prospective view of what's happened to Dodd-Frank since its passage 2 ½ years ago, what new Dodd-Frank regulations issued in 2013 will have an impact on the banking industry, and other issues on the horizon for large financial institutions and community bankers and what they can do to position themselves for the future.
This webinar covered:
- Overview of the Act / Where we are now
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s role in the post Dodd-Frank Era
- Impact on transactions with affiliates
- Two new major final regulations implemented under Dodd-Frank in 2013
- Mortgage Escrow Accounts and High-Cost Loan Rules
- Ability to Repay and Qualified Mortgage Standard Loan Rules
- Events on the Horizon
- Stress Testing – What Community Banks should expect
- Pending Capital Rules – What does it mean for Community Banks