Mike focuses his practice on commercial litigation. He handles defense of insurance bad faith claims, as well as other civil litigation matters. He has more than a decade of experience managing complex products liability litigation involving occupational and environmental chemical exposure in multiple jurisdictions across the country, during which he has handled written discovery, electronic discovery, depositions, document review, and trial preparation. He has also handled workers’ compensation matters in West Virginia for both claimants and employers, including federal black lung claims and state benefits claims for occupational pneumoconiosis and other workplace injuries.
Additionally, Mike has managed the regional office of a large nonprofit law firm, during which time he litigated matters involving family law, public benefits law, private and public housing law, and individual civil rights. In the course of his career he has represented diverse individual and institutional clients in a wide array of matters ranging from informal negotiation to formal litigation.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- West Virginia University (B.A., cum laude, 1999)
- English, Sociology and Anthropology
- Political Science minor
- West Virginia
- West Virginia Supreme Court of Appeals
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- Ohio County Bar Association
- Best Friends Animal Society
- West Virginia University Alumni Association