Jaci is a skilled litigator who focuses her practice on intellectual property infringement litigation and licensing, including patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets, and unfair competition. She has represented clients in federal courts across the country, as well as in opposition and cancellation proceedings in front of the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board. Jaci understands complex litigation is often time-intensive, yet she uses a methodical approach to learn her clients’ objectives and then manages the often large cases closely for an efficient and practical resolution.
She also has a wide range of litigation experience. She has litigated complex commercial litigation, including class action and individual disputes in state and federal courts and in alternative dispute resolution settings. Jaci has also managed government investigations, and developed compliance programs for clients intended to mitigate risk with criminal, civil government, and cross-border internal investigations. In her prior work serving as in-house counsel for a Fortune 500 financial services institution, she learned the importance of approaching matters flexibly and creatively while communicating concisely and directly, and her clients recognize the value these intangible skills bring to their matters.
While in law school, she won numerous leadership awards in part for her role as editor-in-chief of the Ohio State Law Journal and was an extern for Judge Jeffrey Sutton on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. Prior to going to law school, Jaci worked as a business analyst at the headquarters of both Target Corporation and Limited Brands, and she leverages her business background to develop solutions-oriented approaches to handling issues for clients.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude)
- Ohio State Law Journal, editor-in-chief
- National Moot Court Team
- Order of the Coif
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., magna cum laude)
- Political Science, Russian Language & Literature
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Portaluca Board of Directors
- Children’s Home of Cincinnati, Ambassador Board Recruiting co-chair
- Notre Dame Club of Cincinnati
- Moritz College of Law Rising Professionals Council
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Cincinnati Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Property Owners Association
- International Trademark Association
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, Litigation - Intellectual Property Law (2021)
- YWCA Academy of Career Women of Achievement, Rising Star (2020)