With more than 20 years in corporate law, James offers clients practical experience in various corporate matters such as mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, securities, joint ventures and bank finance. His clients appreciate the knowledge he’s gained serving as in-house and outside counsel, because it gives him the ability to look at matters from both the legal and business perspectives.
In James’ role as general counsel at Rockland Technimed Ltd, he advises executives on contracts, securities laws, compliance risks, global joint ventures, strategic partnerships deals and mergers and acquisitions. He also stays ahead of legislative changes that may impact the company and industry. He is also involved with a regional investment bank as a managing director and its general counsel.
He brings the same pro-active counseling to his clients at the firm, where he advises them on leveraged buyouts, formation and regulatory compliance of investment funds, securities offerings and compliance and on, U.S. Small Business Administration regulatory issues including Small Business Investment Companies SBICs, Business Development Corporations (BDCs) and EB-5 Foreign Investor Visa investments.
Additionally, James has experience in international finance transactions. He counseled clients in the structure and terms of their relationship with private and government parties involved in project development in foreign markets such as Africa, China, Europe, Latin America and other emerging markets.
Eager to mentor the next generation of attorneys, he taught courses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and venture capitalism at Georgetown University Law Center, where he also earned his J.D.
- Georgetown University Law Center (J.D., 1993)
- Villanova University (1990)
- Honors Program
- District of Columbia
- Tutoring and counseling at-risk children and teenagers
- The Consortium for Public Education, board member
- St. Joe’s House of Hospitality, board member
- Center for Victims, past board member
- Pennsylvania State University, Rock Ethics Board, past board member
- The Neighborhood Academy, past board member
- Pittsburgh's Fifty Finest, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and Pittsburgh Magazine (1999)