James focuses his practice on representing clients in real estate disputes, primarily condemnation, land use, and priority-related issues. With respect to condemnation matters, he has represented landowners, lessees, lenders, and condemning authorities across the state of Indiana. His clients range from individuals to Fortune 500 companies. He also has broad experience litigating business, commercial, creditors’ rights, employment, product liability, and premises liability matters in state and federal court, at both the trial and appellate court levels.
In addition to his litigation-related practice, James represents real estate developers and property owners in connection with land development matters including re-zonings, variances, vacations, and plat approvals. He also represents homeowners’ associations in connection with amending, interpreting, and enforcing their governing documents.
- Indiana University Robert H. McKinney School of Law (J.D.)
- Indiana Law Review, Volume 46, senior executive editor
- Indiana University (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Bar Association
- IndyBar Ask-A-Lawyer past co-chair
- International Right of Way Association, Chapter 10
- Past board member
- Sagamore American Inn of Court
- Indianapolis Bar Ask-A-Lawyer Co-Chair
- Senior Executive Editor of the Indiana Law Review, Volume 46
- Board Member of the International Right of Way Association, Chapter 10