Jamie’s practice centers on domestic and international patent preparation, prosecution, procurement, and litigation, in addition to trademark analysis, clearance procurement, cancellations, oppositions, and litigation matters. He also has extensive experience in intellectual property portfolio development, intellectual property risk management, patent and trademark clearance and infringement analysis, validity and enforcement issues, enforcement and defense, freedom-to-operate analysis, patentability analysis, innovation ideation, and copyright and licensing matters. Prior to joining Dinsmore, Jamie was the Chair of the IP Section and Executive Committee member of a top ten Cleveland law firm, and prior was Co-Chair of the IP Section and Partner-in-Charge of the Cleveland office of a general practice law firm based in Columbus.
Jamie frequently works with financial institutions, health care businesses, manufacturers, research and development centers, retailers, technology transfer offices, software developers, universities, and small and medium-sized enterprises. Clients ranging from startups to mid-size organizations to Fortune 100 corporations rely on Jamie for his counsel.
Before practicing law, Jamie worked as an electrical engineer at Asea Brown Coveri (ABB) Company (formerly Westinghouse).
- Capital University School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Pittsburgh (B.S.E.E.)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA)
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association (CMBA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA)
- Chambers USA, (2012-2013)