Jere focuses her litigation practice on helping businesses and individuals throughout the dispute resolution process. Her practice is primarily focused is in the areas of product liability defense, commercial and corporate litigation, medical malpractice, and insurance defense. Jere has experience at both the state and federal court level, and she has been actively involved in defending against medical product liability claims in multidistrict litigation in West Virginia, Indiana, and Georgia.
As a member of the defense team in those MDLs, Jere was involved in coordinating and managing electronic discovery on a large scale, and she understands how to help clients achieve efficient, accurate, and cost-effective document production. She also provides guidance that will enable her clients to maintain confidentiality and security while complying with the continually changing legal requirements for ESI.
In addition to her litigation practice, Jere provides guidance to owners of multi-family housing developments to assist them in complying with HUD, ADA, and the Fair Housing Act in the areas of accessibility and fair rental practices.
While in law school, she was an officer in the Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity and served as the managing editor of the Federal Communications Law. Prior to obtaining her J.D., Jere had a lengthy career in the insurance industry, culminating with a position as director of underwriting for a workers’ compensation insurance company.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Federal Communications Law Journal, managing editor
- University of California, Berkeley (B.A.)
- Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Ronald McDonald House, volunteer
- Indy Fringe Theater, volunteer