Whether completing one of his many marathons or going the extra mile for his clients, John sets challenging goals and works tenaciously to achieve them. His practice focuses on commercial, consumer finance, class action, and appellate matters in state and federal court. He has significant experience defending claims under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, Florida Consumer Collection Practices Act, Florida Deceptive and Unfair Trade Practices Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
He also provides counsel to his clients regarding planning, compliance, and risk mitigation issues. This includes developing and drafting internal policies and procedures; negotiating and drafting favorable contractual terms; and reviewing advertising for television, radio, mail, and online to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
When he isn’t working, John spends time with his family and hopes to someday qualify for the Boston Marathon.
- Florida State University College of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2012)
- University of Central Florida (B.S., 2008)
- Business Management
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- Florida Creditor’s Bar Association
- Rising Star® (2018 - 2020)