John practices international trademark procurement and management. He counsels clients in all aspects of intellectual property law, including trademarks, copyright, privacy law, social media, patent procurement, and trade secrets. Additionally, he helps negotiate and execute IP agreements. He has a firm grasp of intellectual property law and offers thoughtful insight to create, secure, and enforce core brands and intellectual assets. John is passionate about protecting innovation and invention, has a background in Mechanical and Nuclear engineering, and is admitted to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
In addition to legal experience, John has relevant leadership and program management experience in a global organization, having built and led diverse teams to achieve organizational goals as an officer in the United States Navy. He also has experience managing budgets, developing short- and long-term strategies, and communicating shared values on four continents and under the ocean.
- University of Texas School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- United States Navy Nuclear Power School (2008)
- United States Naval Academy (B.S., 2007)
- Mechanical Engineering
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association, International Trademark Law & Practice Committee
- Pro Bono Partnership of Ohio, Volunteer
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, Intellectual Property Law (2021)