Joseph advises a variety of health care providers, with a focus on skilled nursing facilities. He counsels his clients on the Anti-Kickback statute, fraud and abuse, HIPAA, facility acquisitions, physician contracting, managed care contracting, internal investigation, statutory and regulatory requirements for skilled nursing facilities, operational compliance, and compliance programs. Joseph has an extensive background creating and managing compliance programs for skilled nursing facilities. He has experience with health care FHA-insured guaranteed programs. Additionally, he has negotiated and drafted agreements related to Upper Payment Limits and Intergovernmental Transfers.
He also handles matters in the areas of real estate finance, acquisitions, and accounts receivable financing. He represents owners and lenders in health care transactions.
Prior to entering private practice, Joseph was a corporate compliance program director with Eskenazi Health, a division of Health & Hospital Corporation of Marion County. He has also worked as in-house counsel and compliance director with two long-term care consulting companies. In these roles, he focused on real estate finance, acquisitions of health care facilities, contract review, risk mitigation, and regulatory compliance.
Joseph speaks regionally and nationally on issues related to health care and research compliance. He is a member of the American Health Law Association and is currently participating in its Leadership Development Program (in the Post-Acute and Long Term Services Practice Group). He has recently been selected to serve on the Indianapolis Bar Association Health Care & Life Sciences Executive Committee.
He is certified in health care and health care research compliance.
- Valparaiso University School of Law (J.D.)
- School of Law Honor Committee
- Student Bar Association, Philanthropy chair
- Indiana University Kelley School of Business
- Undergraduate Student Assembly Heart of Philanthropy Award
- Top 100 Juniors and Seniors
- Purdue University
- Yellow Belt Lean Six Sigma Healthcare
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Leadership Development Program of the Post-Acute and Long Term Services Practice Group (2020 - 2021)
- Health Care Compliance Association
- Indianapolis Regional Planning Committee, chair
- Business Ethics Indiana
- United Way of Central Indiana Leadership United Class of 2019
- Hamilton County Leadership Academy Class of 2016
- Conner Prairie Interactive History Park, volunteer
- Indianapolis Zoological Society, volunteer
- Indianapolis International Film Fest, Screening Committee
- Indiana Repertory Theater, Offscript, Advisory Council, past member