Joseph has extensive experience leading in the courtroom, managing teams and counseling clients on intellectual property matters.
He is an experienced patent litigator who also litigates other types of intellectual property matters including trademark, copyright, breach of contract, unfair competition and trade secret cases across the country, including in the ITC. In addition, he regularly counsels clients on intellectual property matters such as licensing, freedom to operate, IP enforcement, opinions of counsel, and patent and trademark procurement.
He holds degrees in computer science and electrical engineering, has handled matters in a variety of technologies and is skilled at quickly mastering new technologies. Prior to law school, Joseph worked as a member of the technical staff at Bell Labs.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (J.D., 2001)
- University of Illinois (M.S., 1998)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (B.S., 1996)
- Computer Science
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois
- American Bar Association
- PTAB Bar Association
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago
- Hispanic Lawyers Association of Illinois