Julia handles commercial litigation and defense work for clients. These include companies in the health care industry appealing rulings before administrative appeals boards. She is skilled at drafting pleadings, motions, discovery, requests, post-hearing briefs and other materials common in a typical case on a much more expedited schedule. Julia knows her clients are depending on her to find solutions to problems affecting their businesses, and she thrives on digging into the details of their cases, learning all there is to know about a particular case, and finding and advocating for a favorable resolution.
She previously interned at the U.S. Attorney’s office in Pittsburgh and gained experience researching and preparing memorandums for cases involving health care fraud and the False Claims Act, habeas petitions, the Fair Housing Act and the Religious Freedom Restoration Act. She also analyzed data and records for pre-trial discovery and drafted complaints.
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Journal of Law and Commerce, editor-in-chief
- Dean’s Scholarship (2013 - 2015)
- Beckman Fund Scholarship (2013)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Non-Profit Organizations
- University of Michigan (B.A., 2013)
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania