Kara practices in the area of general civil litigation with an emphasis on defending product liability, employment law and professional liability claims. Her product liability practice in recent years has involved fires and explosions, electrical and burn injuries, ATV and automobile accidents, airbag non-deployment, ignition switch and aircraft crashes.
Her employment defense practice covers the spectrum of claims and disputes that arise in the employer-employee dynamic, including employment discrimination (age, race, national origin, gender, disability, religion), sexual harassment and hostile work environment, wrongful termination and FMLA violations.
Her professional liability practice consists of defending physicians, nurses and hospitals against medical negligence claims. Kara also has significant experience in each of these areas at the state and federal appellate levels, including brief writing and oral argument.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., 1999)
- National Moot Court Team (1999)
- Furman University (B.A., 1995)
- NCAA Division I Volleyball
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute, Recreational Products Specialized Litigation Group, committee member
- Kentucky Defense Counsel
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Kentucky Super Lawyers® (2012 - present)
- Peer Review Rated AV Preeminent by Martindale-Hubbell