Kelsey works with a variety of clients to handle employment-related litigation matters. Specifically, she focuses on defending companies and supervisors in discrimination, harassment, retaliation, wrongful discharge, tort, and contract cases. Kelsey has effectively counseled employers on matters involving Title VII, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family Medical Leave Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, the National Labor Relations Act, and state Human Rights Acts.
She has experience defending employers against charges filed with the West Virginia Human Rights Commission and Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and has handled matters in state and federal courts throughout the country. In addition to defending employers in litigation and administrative proceedings, Kelsey helps clients avoid litigation by counseling them on all aspects of the employment relationship. She has also drafted and litigated employment and arbitration agreements.
Kelsey places a premium on partnering with her clients to learn their operations and culture as she builds a strategy that suits their needs. She often works closely with in-house counsel, human resources professionals, and company management to strategize and overcome employment challenges.
- West Virginia University College of Law (J.D., 2017)
- West Virginia University (B.A., 2014)
- West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of West Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of West Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- West Virginia Women Attorneys
- Women for Economic Leadership Development
- Craik-Patton House, board member
- Kanawha County Bar Association
- West Virginia Rising Stars®
- Employment & Labor (2021)