Keri began her finance career working for a mortgage company where she handled investor reporting and relations, and she leverages what she learned about lenders’ needs to help her clients. She focuses her practice on commercial finance, and before attending law school, she started working in the banking industry to gain real world experience and consider what kind of career she truly wanted. Her time in the industry proved valuable, as she gained familiarity with essential documents and procedures and forged professional relationships that enable her to better serve her clients.
She counsels clients on affordable housing financing, federal and state tax credits, health care facilities, and complex multi-state and multi-layered secured lending transactions. Her experience in banking includes Federal Housing Administration (FHA) insured financings, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) subsidized financings, U.S. Department of Agriculture Rural Housing Service guaranteed financings, and taxable and tax-exempt bond financings. She also handles affordable housing financings, assignment of HUD debt to nonprofit organizations, and other dealings that enable her to represent both financial institutions and borrowers not traditionally processed by financing and real estate development counsel.
Outside of the office, Keri is a member of the Diversity in Leadership Advisory Council, working in partnership with the Law and Leadership Institute and the Columbus Bar Association Managing Partners’ Initiative. Through the program, Keri and others mentor minority Ohio students who are fellows in the Law and Leadership program.
- Capital University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2015)
- Northeastern University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2008)
- Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Fairfield UP, Inc., treasurer of the Board of Directors
- Ohio State Bar Association Leadership Academy, graduate (2018)
- Ohio State Bar Foundation, fellow (2019)
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, Corporate Law (2021)