Kim's practice encompasses all aspects of counseling with respect to trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets and intellectual property licensing, including prosecution of trademark applications and copyright applications, as well as assertion and defense of infringement claims. She also represents clients in administrative proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board and offers counseling with regard to the registration and defense of intellectual property abroad; and licensing and transfer of intellectual property. She also manages and advises clients on their international IP portfolios.
Her clients encompass a variety of industries, ranging from consumer goods companies to advanced, high-technology businesses with specialized niches in the marketplace. Kim's work with diverse clients enables her to tailor her approach to meet each client’s unique intellectual property needs, whether dealing with experienced in-house patent counsel, project engineers or inexperienced entrepreneurs. She employs a practical approach to working with her clients, building a relationship from the outset to help determine their objectives and tolerances before charting a strategy that meets their goals.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law (J.D., 1988)
- Miami University (M.A., 1985)
- Political Science
- Miami University (B.A., 1983)
- Diplomacy and Foreign Affairs
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- International Trademark Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Dayton Intellectual Property Law Association, past president
- University of Dayton Law School, Program in Law and Technology, Advisory Board
- Best Lawyers© for Copyright, Patent and Trademark Law