Blair’s practice includes diverse aspects of intellectual property law and focuses on negotiating agreements in support of research and development, including sponsored research agreements, non-disclosure, consulting and service agreements and providing related counsel.
She has experience as in-house counsel for Fortune 500 companies where her experience includes advising senior management on global strategy to enhance intellectual property while limiting risk exposure, and development and maintenance of internal license structure for corporate affiliates to achieve multi-million dollar annual tax savings. Blair has negotiated hundreds of licensing agreements as well as extensive agreements underlying collaborative research.
Prior to joining the firm, she worked at the University of Michigan collaborating across campus supporting the university’s research portfolio, structuring and negotiating research collaborations with commercial, nonprofit and governmental entities.
- University of Virginia School of Law (J.D.)
- University of Virginia (B.A., cum laude)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Illinois (inactive)
- District of Columbia (inactive)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Washentaw Association for Community Advocacy, board secretary
- Woodcreek Home Owners Association, board member
- Women Lawyers Association of Michigan
- World Trademark Review Automotive and Aviation Team of Year (2008 & 2010)