Marisa focuses her practice on commercial litigation. She represents clients in state and federal courts of Kentucky in a variety of areas, including FDCPA/FCRA compliance and FDCPA/FCRA defense litigation, complex business and commercial matters, product liability, personal injury, insurance defense, and toxic tort. She has experience in representing clients in multiple stages of litigation, including discovery, motion practice and trial.
She previously worked as a law clerk for Judge Charles R. Simpson III in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky. She also serves her community as a volunteer working with Ronald McDonald House, participating as a volunteer judge in student trial advocacy competitions, or participating in community charity events such as the LBA 5K, supporting doctors and lawyers for kids.
Aside from her practice, Marisa is an accomplished volleyball player. At The Ohio State University, she was a three-time All-American selection, a Big Ten Conference Medal of Honor finalist and captain for two years. She also continues to coach youth volleyball.
- University of Akron School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2011)
- University of Akron Law Review, assistant editor
- The Ohio State University (B.A., 2007)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- Louisville Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Louis D. Brandeis American Inn of Court, associate member (2012 - 2013)
- Blackacre Conservancy, Board of Directors