Mary Catherine focuses her practice on intellectual property, copyright, and trademark law. She has experience with trademark and copyright clearance, prosecution, and portfolio management, as well as all aspects of litigation, arbitration, and appellate advocacy. She received her J.D. from William & Mary Law School, where she achieved national recognition for her writing on copyright law, including awards from the Intellectual Property Section of the Virginia State Bar, American Intellectual Property Law Association, Grammy Foundation’s Entertainment Law Initiative, and New York Intellectual Property Law Association.
Prior to graduating law school, she gained intellectual property experience through her work in-house with music licensing and documentary film production companies and in the Office of Chief Counsel at NASA Langley Research Center.
- William and Mary School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- William and Mary Business Law Review, articles editor
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Copyright Law
- ABA-BNA Award for Excellence in the Study of Intellectual Property Law
- The Catholic University of America (B.A., summa cum laude, 2014)
- Minors in Philosophy and Antrhopology
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Washington, D.C. (pending)
- Not yet licensed in Ohio
- Virginia State Bar Intellectual Property Section