Melissa's practice focuses on public finance. She has assisted as bond counsel, underwriter's counsel, and borrower's counsel in a variety of tax-exempt and taxable financings.
She also has experience with immigration law, providing strategy and analysis regarding immigrant and nonimmigrant visa applications focusing on business immigration. She prepared visa petitions, including H-1B, L-1, E, F, TN, and other visas. She strategized the best options for a variety of complex employment-based immigration issues, and advised businesses regarding I-9 and E-verify compliance.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2017)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (B.A., 2011)
- International Relations
- Hispanic National Bar Association, deputy regional president of the Young Lawyers Division
- Student Success Store, Executive Board member, legal chair
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- Ohio Women's Bar Association
- 2019 Barrister Leadership Program Participant, Columbus Bar Association