A lawyer for more than three decades, Michele remains true to the core values of her practice: provide excellent legal skills responsively and efficiently to clients. Whether advocating for a client, providing legal counsel about disputes and business decisions, or dealing with an adversary, she maintains a professional and courteous demeanor, actively listens, and takes pride in meticulous preparation.
She has experience defending claims against medical professionals at all levels from allied health professionals to physicians in hospital, private practice, senior living, and prison settings. This includes nurses, dentists, nurse practitioners, and mental health professionals. She also represents health care facilities such as hospitals, nursing homes, and rehabilitation centers. She is a multi-year Indiana Super Lawyer award winner in medical malpractice defense.
As a health care lawyer, Michele advises medical facilities and medical practices on a wide range of employment and regulatory issues. On the employment front, Michele provides counsel on physician recruitment, contracting and compensation, professional licensure, credentialing and peer review, and impaired or disruptive professionals. Her regulatory focus includes bylaws and policies, patient privacy, hospital medical staff matters, fraud and abuse, and risk reduction programs. She speaks on topics including medical documentation and trial tactics. Michele assists with training programs for medical school residents, nurses, and social workers on legal issues applicable to their professional development.
Her litigation experience is not limited to medical negligence claims. She also represents businesses, individuals, and insurance companies in a wide variety of matters including accidents, civil rights actions, and contract disputes. .
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (J.D.)
- DePauw University (B.A.)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Indiana
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Indiana
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana, past president
- Defense Research Institute
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Association of Defense Trial Attorneys (ADTA)
- Evansville Bar Association
- Lawyer Assistance Committee, chair
- Indiana Bar Association
- Appointed by the Indiana Supreme Court to Indiana Judges and Lawyers Assistance Program Committee (2005-2013)
- Women in the Law Committee Recognition Award, Indiana State Bar Association (2010)
- Doran E. Perdue Service Award, Evansville Bar Association (2009 and 2018)
- Super Lawyers® (2011 - 2021)
- Rated AV® Preeminent ™ Martindale-Hubbell®
- Best Lawyers®
- Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants (2019, 2022)
- Health Care Law; Litigation – Health Care (2022)
- Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants (2022)