Dinsmore Highly Ranked as Bond and Underwriter’s Counsel in 2015
Dinsmore & Shohl LLP earned high marks in The Bond Buyer 2015 rankings for bond and underwriter’s counsel, including top rankings in Kentucky and Pennsylvania. Thomson Reuters compiles transaction data for The Bond Buyer.
Dinsmore earned the No. 1 overall ranking in Kentucky by serving as bond counsel on 59 issues totaling more than $1.797 billion. Other bond counsel highlights include:
- First in Pennsylvania for the number of issues (81) and ranked fifth for total volume of transactions ($888 million)
- Second in Ohio for the number of issues (105) and ranked second for the total volume of transactions ($1.892 billion)
- Ninth nationally for the number of issues (257) and ranked 17th for the total volume of transactions ($4.748 billion)
As underwriter’s counsel, Dinsmore ranked third in the Mideast region with 25 issues totaling $2.394 billion. The Mideast region is comprised of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia and Wisconsin. Other underwriter’s counsel highlights include:
- Second in Illinois for total volume ($1.173 billion)
- Second nationally for total volume of Airports Long Term Municipal New Issues ($1.003 billion)
- Seventh nationally for total volume of Water, Sewer & Gas Long Term Municipal New Issues ($867 million)
“We saw activity pick up pace in 2015 due to the low interest rates, which allowed many borrowers to refund outstanding bond issues to realize debt service savings,” said Thomas A. Wilson, Finance Department Chair. “Looking ahead, we anticipate 2016 to be another strong year despite the Federal Reserve’s interest rate increase.”
Dinsmore also ranked highly in many of the bond counsel sub-categories Thomson measures. Nationally, the firm ranked fifth for economic development, seventh for industrial development and eighth for multifamily housing.