Nicole focuses her practice on drafting and negotiating agreements governing the creation and licensing of intellectual property and litigation relating to patent infringement.
As part of her licensing practice, she drafts and negotiates agreements relating to the transfer of intellectual property, with a focus on supporting clients’ research and development efforts with universities and other companies. She is a certified licensing professional and has negotiated hundreds of technology agreements, including sponsored research agreements with universities and joint development agreements with companies where intellectual property concerns play a key role in the transaction. Nicole also has experience drafting and negotiating agreements for the licensing of various types of intellectual property, including patents, technology, and software.
As part of her litigation practice, Nicole understands that patent infringement matters are often complex and time-intensive. She utilizes a thorough approach, performing methodical research and learning her client’s objectives and tolerances to help tailor a strategy for an efficient and practical resolution. She is adept at working with technologies in a variety of industries, from automotive to chemical technologies, as she draws on her experience working for two biotechnology start-up companies and two large research university technology commercialization offices.
- Michigan State University College of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Michigan State Law Review, senior notes editor
- Purdue University (B.S., 2009)
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- Certified Licensing Professional
- Licensing Executives Society
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- United Way Emerging Leader and WINGs
- Michigan State University Intellectual Property Law Advisory Board
- Cincinnati Bar Association