R.J. serves as a strategic partner and counselor to his clients and their business needs across multiple industries, including automotive, finance, health care, leasing, property development, real estate development, staffing, technology, and telecom. He prioritizes developing an intimate understanding of his clients’ unique goals and challenges and applies his deep knowledge of the law to ensure proactive and results-based legal counsel.
A formidable and accomplished advocate, R.J. also acts as lead trial counsel when legal disputes arise after exhausting preventive measures. Clients describe R.J. as an engaged litigator whose attention to detail, tenacity, and professionalism set him apart from other counsel. He obtains cost-effective results by quickly digging into the facts and leveraging the results in favor of his clients.
R.J. serves as chair of the State Bar of Michigan’s 2,300-member Litigation Section. Michigan Super Lawyers® has consistently recognized him as a Rising Star in Business Litigation, an award granted to only 2.5 percent of Michigan attorneys under 40. R.J.’s peers have elected him to the Fellows of the American Bar Foundation, an honorary society comprising one percent of each jurisdiction's attorneys, judges, law faculty, and legal scholars whose public and private careers have demonstrated outstanding dedication to the highest principles of the legal profession and welfare of their communities. He is a founding member of his community’s Rotary Club.
- University of Chicago Law School (J.D., 2011)
- Eastern Michigan University (B.A., magna cum laude, 2007)
- U.S. Tax Court
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Michigan State Bar Litigation Section, chair
- Southfield Area Rotary Club (SARC), founding member
- Fellows of the American Bar Foundation
- Oakland County Bar Association (OCBA), member and OCBA fellow
- Federal Bar of Michigan, Eastern District of Michigan Chapter, member
- Michigan Rising Star®, Business Litigation (2017 - 2020)
- 10.0/10.0 Avvo-Rated
- Best Lawyers®, Ones to Watch, Real Estate Law (2021)