Ralph focuses much of his practice on surety litigation and construction-related litigation, ensuring general contractors, owners and other clients can complete building projects on time and on budget. He understands the importance of keeping a project moving despite unforeseen circumstances, and he works closely with clients to find solutions if problems arise in the middle of a project. This includes working with engineering consultants and forensic accountants to determine whether a client can continue working with their original contractor, or whether it’s best to find a new contractor to complete or correct a project, ensuring it’s done correctly and on time.
His experience also includes commercial litigation, representing companies in disputes involving sales contracts, business purchases and partnership dissolutions, and insurance litigation, including coverage disputes. Ralph’s experience and litigation record have afforded him the chance to serve on the steering committee of the Fidelity and Surety Law Section of the Defense Research Institute (DRI), and as program chairman of the DRI Fidelity and Surety Roundtable.
- University of Illinois College of Law (J.D.)
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (B.A.)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Wisconsin
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- Chicago Surety Claims Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Illinois Super Lawyers®