Sarah focuses her practice on labor and employment law. She specializes in litigating employment and business cases for employers, including employee claims of wrongful termination, discrimination, harassment, retaliation, and wage and hour violations; breach of contract claims; and disputes with competitors or former employees regarding trade secrets, non-solicitation and confidentiality agreements, and the theft of intellectual property. She also counsels clients on how best to limit risk and exposure to future litigation, and represents clients in negotiations, mediation, arbitration, appeals, and government/internal investigations.
She has experience litigating a broad range of cases in multiple industries in courts throughout the United States. Sarah has litigated both for and against large companies, small businesses, individuals, and certified and prospective classes. She leverages her past experience to help her clients determine winning strategies, informed by her unique insight into opponents’ motivations and plans due to her years of experience working for both plaintiffs and defendants. In addition to her focus on employment and labor, Sarah has experience in a wide range of other areas, including contract disputes, complex and commercial litigation, class action prosecution and defense, First Amendment, civil rights, antitrust, and consumer protection.
- Columbia Law School (J.D., 2009)
- Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar, in recognition of superior academic performance
- Journal of Law and Social Problems, Writing & Research editor
- University of Kentucky (B.A., summa cum laude, 2006)
- New York
- Kentucky (PENDING)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York