Shelby focuses her practice on commercial litigation, including product liability and breach of warranty claims. She has experience representing clients before state and federal judges in a variety of areas involving insurance defense, public entity liability, professional liability, and general liability litigation.
Her experience includes appearing for pre-trial conferences, conducting and defending depositions, preparing and responding to written discovery, and drafting and arguing pre-trial motions, including motions to dismiss, motions for summary judgment, and motions to compel. Shelby works closely with general counsel at each stage of litigation to develop and implement defense strategies.
While in law school, she externed for Judge Cynthia A. Bashant for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- San Diego International Law Journal, vol. 19, executive editor
- Appellate Moot Court Board, associate member
- Women’s Law Caucus, member
- Pro Bono Honors (2017)
- University of San Diego (B.A., cum laude, 2014)
- Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers