Shelby focuses her practice on commercial litigation including product liability, breach of warranty, and other business tort claims. She also has experience with labor and employment matters, including defending employers in Title VII, ADA, and wage and hour class actions.
She works closely with general counsel at each stage of litigation to develop and implement defense strategies and has effectively counseled clients in state and federal court, as well as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Department of Industrial Relations, and the Department of Fair Employment and Housing.
Shelby received her J.D. from the University of San Diego School of Law. While in law school, Shelby externed for Judge Cynthia A. Bashant for the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California. She also completed a Certified Legal Internship with the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office, drafting and arguing motions and conducting preliminary hearings.
- University of San Diego School of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2017)
- San Diego International Law Journal, vol. 19, executive editor
- Appellate Moot Court Board, associate member
- Women’s Law Caucus, member
- Pro Bono Honors (2017)
- University of San Diego (B.A., cum laude, 2014)
- Political Science
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers