Sydney focuses her practice on health care law, including transactional, regulatory, and compliance matters. She counsels clients on a range of topics including fraud and abuse issues; federal and state anti-kickback statutes and Stark; data, technology, and privacy matters, such as telemedicine and HIPAA; and administrative appeals before government agencies. She also counsels clients in the cannabis and medical marijuana industry, specifically relating to licensing and regulatory compliance matters.
Sydney has experience preparing employment agreements, challenging Medicaid overpayment audits, and negotiating and preparing transaction documents. She understands regulations for nursing homes, home health agencies, and other health care organizations are lengthy and constantly changing, and she stays current with regulations, enabling her to help clients keep track of and comply with state and federal standards.
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Ohio State Law Journal, articles editor
- Black Law Students Association, Executive Board
- Case Western Reserve University (B.A., 2014)
- Political Science
- Public Policy and Economics minors
- Columbus Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Ohio Women’s Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Law and Leadership Institute’s Diversity in Leadership Advisory Council