Theresa concentrates her practice on workers’ compensation issues. She has experience representing plaintiffs, so she brings a unique point of view allowing her to anticipate a plaintiff’s attorney’s moves and how to defend against them.
While she spends much of her time representing employers in administrative hearings, she counsels businesses, both small and large, in developing strategies to prevent workers’ compensation claims and manage exposure, including addressing issues of temporary total disability compensation, wage loss, permanent total disability compensation, treatment issues and potential safety violations.
In addition to workers’ compensation claims litigation, Theresa also works with employers to reduce financial exposure by developing appropriate light duty job offers, return to work policies and even settlements, including those requiring approval by the Center for Medicare Services.
She was in the first group of individuals to hold the designation of Ohio State Bar Association Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation, which she has maintained since 2003.
- University of Dayton School of Law (J.D., 1988)
- University of Dayton (B.A., cum laude, 1985)
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Montgomery County Agricultural Society
- Peer Review Rated BV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Certified Specialist in Workers' Compensation by the Ohio State Bar Association
- Ohio Super Lawyers®
- Top Lawyers of Ohio
- American Registry
- Corporate American News Legal Elite