For more than 40 years, Tom has guided cities, counties and townships in traditional bond issues, including general obligation bonds and water, sewer, gas and electric revenue, and solid-waste bonds.
He has also advised clients on student loan revenue bond issues, industrial development bond issues, tax increment financing and municipal leasing.
Drawing on his seven years of experience as Cincinnati city solicitor, Tom also acts as general counsel to public agencies, as well as quasi-public non-profit corporations and insurance pools composed of political subdivisions and associations of political subdivisions.
Throughout his career, he has been invited to speak at numerous conferences and seminars on municipal finance topics.
- Yale Law School (LL.B., 1966)
- University of Notre Dame (A.B., 1963)
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Drake Center, Inc.
- Board of Trustees (1989 - 2005)
- Vice chairman
- U.S. Court of Appeals Sixth Circuit Judicial Conference
- City of Miamisburg Municipal Trust Fund, Finance Committee (1994 - present)
- Sister Cities Association of Greater Cincinnati
- Board of Trustees (1996 - 1998)
- Vice president (1997 - 1998)
- Drake Memorial Hospital, Cincinnati
- Board of Trustees
- Chairman (1987 - 1989)
- Cincinnatus Association, president (1987 - 1988)
- Cincinnati Citizen's Budget Review Committee, vice chairman (1984)
- Ohio Municipal Attorneys Association, president (1979)
- Spirit of Drake Award (2005)
- Peer Review Rated AV in Martindale-Hubbell
- Super Lawyers® (2006)