Tom’s practice focuses on representing businesses, business owners, executives, and other individuals in business and employment lawsuits in state and federal courts. He prides himself on taking the time to learn his clients’ products, services, and cultures and providing the best advice for their stakeholders. In his practice, Tom leverages his business background to develop legal strategies that focus on how best to achieve his clients’ goals in a cost effective manner.
As a pragmatic and proactive litigator, Tom possesses extensive experience defending employers in complex workforce disputes, including harassment, discrimination, wage and hour, theft of trade secrets, and tortious interference claims. He also represents business owners in a wide range of commercial and tort disputes. Along with this experience, Tom has represented clients in commercial and labor arbitrations, as well as other alternative dispute resolution forums.
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Miami University, Farmer School of Business (B.S., 2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- State Bar of Michigan Litigation Section, Counsel member
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Labor and Employment Advisory Board; New Lawyers Advisory Board
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management, member
- Federal Bar Association of Michigan, member
- State Bar of Employment Section, member
- State Bar of Health Care Section, member