Tom’s practice focuses primarily on business and employment law. His has experience litigating complex business and employment matters in both state and federal courts, including single-plaintiff and collective actions. Tom prides himself on taking the time to learn the products, services, and culture of his clients to provide the best advice for their stakeholders.
His practice includes defending employers against claims based on the Family and Medical Leave Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Employee Retirement Income Security Act, National Labor Relations Act, Title VII, Title IX, the Fair Labor Standards Act, OSHA, the Equal Pay Act, and the Civil Rights Act. Tom also works closely with businesses to conduct workplace investigations and advise on employee separation and disciplinary matters, as well as draft workplace policies, handbooks, and employment agreements.
- University of Kansas School of Law (J.D., 2017)
- Miami University, Farmer School of Business (B.S., 2014)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Kalamazoo County Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Society for Human Resource Management
- Kalamazoo Human Resource Management Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Institute of Continuing Legal Education, Legal and Employment Advisory Board; New Lawyers Advisory Board