Toni believes the essential quality of a good lawyer is the willingness to assess situations realistically and relay information accurately. Accordingly, her practice is based on realistic expectations and straight talk she can stand behind – not false promises or excuses.
She represents U.S. and international clients through every stage of intellectual property (IP) development. She handles IP auditing and due diligence, patent litigation, licensing and technology transfer, and corporate issues related to IP product development.
Specifically, Toni works with clients to identify patentable inventions and develop IP protection strategies, oversees the preparation and prosecution of patent applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), and serves as lead counsel in interference/derivation proceedings and trial counsel in patent litigation. She has analyzed patents and advised clients concerning the validity, enforceability and, potential for infringement. She focuses on which legal services best advance a client’s business objective, having counseled numerous corporations, investment banking entities, and venture capital groups. Her work with corporate legal departments and acting as virtual general counsel for not only large corporations but also a number of small and mid-size companies has provided her with significant experience negotiating and resolving intellectual property matters.
She has applied her experience as a litigator to the needs of disabled veterans, and she has advocated for their rights at the Board of Veterans Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D.)
- Legal analysis, research and writing, teaching assistant
- University of Colorado (B.A.)
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- Intern Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, Judge Phillip Baldwin