Formerly a counterterrorism specialist at U.S. CENTCOM, Tony is a national security-focused international trade lawyer who advises clients on export controls matters pertaining to the EAR and ITAR, including performing self-classification analysis, preparing and filing license applications and classification requests, managing voluntary self-disclosures of past violations, and performing international trade compliance due diligence for mergers and acquisitions. His export controls experience is particularly strong in encryption. Other international trade matters Tony handles involve compliance with Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) and Antiboycott Regulations compliance. Additionally, he counsels clients on government contracts matters including answering FAR and DFARS compliance questions, resolving contract disputes under the Contract Disputes Act, handling bid protests before the Government Accountability Office (GAO), and defending False Claims Act/whistleblower allegations.
Tony also assists in various commercial litigation matters for which he drafts complaints, answers, and motions as well as prepares discovery.
While in law school, he interned at the U.S. Office of Special Counsel in Washington, D.C., the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Eastern District of Missouri in St. Louis, MO, and the Institute for Justice in Seattle, WA.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D.)
- Global Studies Law Review, staff editor
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, International Money Laundering, Corruption, and Terrorism
- University of South Carolina (B.S., cum laude)
- International Business/Corporate Finance
- Studied Arabic abroad in Syria, Jordan and Egypt through Boren and Rotary scholarships
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- National Association of Muslim Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- International Law Section, member
- National Contract Management Association
- Board of Directors Dayton Chapter, secretary (2018 - 2019)
- Society for International Affairs
- Customs and International Trade Bar Association
- International Association of Privacy Professionals