Tony assists for-profit and not-for-profit government contractors and subcontractors of all sizes on a range of legal matters. His experience includes four years of involvement in the government contracting industry as an analyst at U.S. Central Command in Tampa, FL, and his counsel includes answering FAR and DFARS compliance questions, resolving contract disputes under the Contract Disputes Act, handling bid protests before the Government Accountability Office (GAO), False Claims Act/whistleblower defense, and investigating the effect of export controls and sanctions on clients’ business plans.
His experience is heavily concentrated in the aerospace and defense industry, but his work has spanned other sectors, including international aid, information technology, and construction. Tony has advised clients on contracting matters involving the Defense Threat Reduction Agency, National Aeronautics and Space Administration, U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Department of Energy, U.S. Navy, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, and U.S. Forest Service.
Tony also assists in various commercial litigation matters for which he drafts complaints, answers, and motions as well as prepares discovery.
While in law school, Tony interned at the US Office of Special Counsel in Washington, D.C., the U.S. Attorney’s office for the Eastern District of Missouri in St. Louis, MO, and the Institute for Justice in Seattle, WA.
- Washington University School of Law (J.D.)
- Global Studies Law Review, staff editor
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, International Money Laundering, Corruption, and Terrorism
- University of South Carolina (B.S., cum laude)
- International Business/Corporate Finance
- Studied Arabic abroad in Syria, Jordan and Egypt through Boren and Rotary scholarships
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Ohio
- National Association of Muslim Lawyers
- National Contract Management Association
- Board of Directors Dayton Chapter, secretary (2018 - 2019)
- Society for International Affairs