Travers focuses his practice on representing both public and private employers in issues related to the workplace.
Prior to joining the firm, Travers worked with Judge Karen K. Caldwell, chief judge, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky and former Dinsmore attorney. His experience included researching legal issues and drafting related memoranda regarding writs of habeas corpus, jury instructions, pre-sentencing reports and temporary restraining orders.
While a summer associate at the firm, Travers put his B.S. in Equine Science and Management from the University of Kentucky to use by conducting a 50-state survey of pari-mutuel and advance deposit wagering statutes and regulations. He also updated case law for a stallion syndication monograph to be used by the University of Kentucky’s Continuing Legal Education program.
He previously was employed by Churchill Downs.
- University of Kentucky College of Law (J.D., cum laude, 2016)
- Moot Court Board National Team
- Kentucky Journal of Equine, Agriculture, and Natural Resources Law, senior staff editor
- CALI Awards in Evidence and Immigration Law
- University of Kentucky (B.S., cum laude, 2011)
- Equine Science & Management
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Horse Council, Marketing and Development Committee, chair
- Kentucky Thoroughbred Association / Kentucky Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders
- Kentucky Rising Stars®