Wil is a public finance lawyer focused on bond counsel services for local governments and nonprofit corporations. He counsels clients on a variety of public finance transactions, including general obligation bond financings, revenue bond financings, lease financings, and pooled financings. In addition, Wil works with companies seeking assistance with private economic development projects and serves as counsel to a non-profit regional tourism board.
From 2015-2022, Wil served as a Kentucky State Senator where he chaired the Senate’s State & Local Government Committee and the Economic Development, Tourism, and Labor Committee. During his eight-year tenure, Wil also helped pass landmark legislation, including Kentucky’s Name, Image, Likeness bill, which he co-sponsored.
Prior to being elected as a Kentucky State Senator and joining Dinsmore, Wil served the public as a felony prosecutor in the Campbell County Commonwealth Attorney’s office, where he handled hundreds of felony cases.
- Northern Kentucky University, Chase College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., 2005)
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati UK Alumni Club (2011-2015)
- Next Chapter Church, Leadership Team (2016-2018)
- Catholic Charities, Jail Ministry Advisory Council (2016-2018)
- Elected Kentucky state senator (2014, 2018)
- Outstanding Young Alumnus Award Northern Kentucky University (2018)