Wil is a public finance lawyer focused on bond counsel services for local governments and nonprofit corporations. He counsels clients on a variety of public finance transactions, including general obligation bond financings, revenue bond financings, lease financings, and pooled financings. Wil also works with companies seeking assistance with private economic development projects.
In addition to practicing law, Wil serves as a Kentucky State Senator for the 24th District, which includes Campbell, Pendleton, and Bracken Counties. He was elected to the Kentucky Senate in 2014 and reelected in 2018. He is currently the chair of the Senate’s Economic Development, Tourism, and Labor Committee and is a current member, and past chair, of the Senate’s State & Local Government Committee.
Before joining Dinsmore, Wil served the public as a felony prosecutor in the Campbell County Commonwealth Attorney’s office, where he handled hundreds of felony cases.
- Northern Kentucky University, Chase College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., 2005)
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati UK Alumni Club
- Next Chapter Church, Leadership Team
- Catholic Charities, Jail Ministry Advisory Council
- Elected Kentucky State senator (2014)