Wil is a public finance lawyer in the Covington and Frankfort, Kentucky offices. He focuses on bond counsel services Dinsmore provides to local governments and nonprofit corporations on a variety of public finance transactions, including general obligation bond financings, revenue bond financings, lease financings, and pooled financings.
In addition to practicing law, Wil serves as a Kentucky state senator for the 24th District, which includes Campbell, Pendleton and Bracken Counties. He was elected to the Kentucky Senate in 2014. He is chair of the Budget Review Subcommittee on Justice and Judiciary and is also the vice chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee. Additionally, Wil serves as a member of the Senate Appropriations and Revenue Committee; the Senate Economic Development, Tourism, & Labor Committee; the Senate State and Local Government Committee; the Senate Veterans, Military Affairs and Public Protection Committee; and the Program Review and Investigations Committee. He also serves as chair of the Northern Kentucky Caucus.
Before joining Dinsmore, Wil served the public as a felony prosecutor in the Campbell County Commonwealth Attorney’s office. In that role, he represented the Commonwealth of Kentucky and the people of Campbell County in hundreds of felony cases and worked closely with law enforcement and crime victims.
- Northern Kentucky University, Chase College of Law (J.D., 2008)
- University of Kentucky (B.A., 2005)
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati UK Alumni Club
- Next Chapter Church, Leadership Team
- Catholic Charities, Jail Ministry Advisory Council
- Senate Judiciary Committee of the Kentucky General Assembly, vice chairman
- Elected Kentucky State senator (2014)